It’s easy to neglect vehicular hygiene during the winter months, even here in Redlands where the winter months don’t always feel very wintery. If your vehicle is due for a bit of tender loving care this season, these spring cleaning tips for your car will help tidy things up
- Remove trash and clutter from the interior.
- Using a microfiber cloth, dust the dashboard, center console, and other firm surfaces. Add a gentle cleansing spritz if your screens need a little extra attention.
- Vacuum the seats and floor mats, and don’t skip vacuuming underneath the floor mats.
- Wash the interior windows with glass cleaner and a fresh, soft cloth.
- Start cleaning the exterior by scrubbing down your tires with a strong cleanser and tough brush.
- Wash your car from hood to wheels using an automotive-specific wash. Make sure you’re changing out the water regularly.
- Hose out the underbody to knock away debris.
- Only use a soft towel for drying.
- Finish up by waxing your paint job. Wax may seem superfluous after a good washing, but staying in the waxing habit is a great way to keep your ride looking spiffy for years to come.
If your vehicle needs service or maintenance this spring, look no further than Hatfield Buick GMC.